Saturday 15 December 2012

One Night



One night I ‘woke with a start
In the garden of my heart
To strained voices remorse
Of a past I daren't discourse,
The wanderings I fared therein
My grievous heart dared to sin,
The line ‘twixt bought and sold
To see it not or yet behold,
I feigned hope yet knew it well
The future did not my fire quell,
Sprang from a sea o’ sour regret
A pearl of worth my sorrows beget,
At last I sank to stormy depth
And saw the plight of my steps,
Until this day I thought it rot
I longed to see, yet saw it not
The silver touch ‘pon my mind
My fate ahead, my past behind
I saw the times I tried and failed
In the wake of whence I sailed,
Then on the shore of golden sand
Naught around me did I stand,
Washed away my fear of self,
A book of memories ‘pon the shelf.



No comments:

Post a Comment