Monday 12 March 2012

Even Winning Can Be A Defeat

"You know that sooner or later you'll trip and it wont be because of a broken leg you can't get up. You feel that sometimes when you're on the top of a very high hill surveying the scenery below the your mind blocks out the thought of having to walk all the way down again because the sight is so beautiful. It's like driving to a party without enough fuel to get home, like buying something you really want when you wont have enough money left over or like loving someone when at the back of your mind you know it wont last. But that's what happens and afterwards you wonder how on earth you ever could have made such a bad miscalculated decision. Of cause at the time in back of your mind you know you're making a mistake but being a human and a computer are two different things. A computer never looks back or thinks what if and doesn't need to have all the experiences -good and bad- that humans do. Taking the path of least resistance doesn't make for the full experience that makes life worth living. Of cause just because a door is opened to you does not mean that one should go through, but on the other hand there are certain times when you need to shut out reason because you want to experience something just on that basis alone whatever the outcome. Say there was a hall filled with doors and as you walk down the first door opens, a man invites you to try a tasty dessert. Now here you could go in and it would be a treat you'd soon forget or ignore it and you know you wouldn't regret it no matter how much you want to try it now. A few more doors along a woman asks you to help her catch the white unicorn that has run off into the forest, a bad idea really but if declined I'd forever wish I'd taken the opportunity to catch a unicorn. Of cause no one doesn't take risks or do the 'wrong' thing because that's practically impossible. So people get in more debt to buy a nicer house, do things that are bad for their health and fall in love because..." The Moose shrugged and looked at me, "I can't think of anything sarcastic to say at the moment." I said kicking my toe on a rock "curses!!" The Moose giggled "You need hooves laddy." I snickered. After some time we came to a clearing in the forest and behold the branches parted revealing the naked body glistening like a droplet of molten bronze of a veyron -oh I'm sorry- then the muddy path continued through the dark forest like before and it started to rain and upon reaching into my pocket I saw my last kit kat was gone. Even the Moose was gone, 'what a relief' I thought. Although after a while I started to miss the Moose. At this point I stopped being lost in the woods because I felt like having some tea, so I wondered back to the library.

2 comments: