Sunday 13 May 2012

Another Rainy Day

The rain had paused and everyone (except the Librarian, Sally, Jacqueline, Julius, the Moth and the Moose) joyfully ran outside screaming madly. I was skipping around thinking of clever quotes in case someone wanted to interview me or ask me about my life. The sky was mostly covered in clouds but there were some blue spots where the sun poked through. The ground squished under my shoes and water dripped off all the leaves and flowers. I whistled a tune for a bit and then made up some words to it, "Hom-body-bom. Bom-body-boo" 'I better write that down' I thought. Making sure no one was watching I pulled out my note book marked "Boring Stuff" (to make sure no one would read it) and wrote down the words. After squishing and skipping around and slipping over (once) in the garden I came upon a part where it seamed quiet and magical. I closed my eyes, 'Sally, pass the sugar please' said the Moose. When I opened my eyes I saw a sparrow pecking around in the earth, he then flew up toward a wall of the house covered in ivy and to my surprise flew straight through it! I stood in dazzled shock and dazed amazement and then I guessed what had happened. There was a hole behind and he'd just flown through it. Well the adventure spirit in me fired up and I ran over to the wall and felt behind the ivy and what do you know? there was a jolly old hole in the wall. Pulling back the ivy I saw it was quite big and so I climbed in. There was no floor and I fell down into the dark. On the way down I tried to thought about important things to me (like in the movies) but nothing came to mind. The BUMP! I hit the floor. I explored around in the dark, find a bunch of keys, found a door escaped etc. (Now skip to where I find the box) So I tried to open the box, dropped it, forced it, hit it with wood, rocks, feet, and then I remembered the bunch of keys. So I opened it and there was a bunch of gold. I stood up, there was something wrong, the room was tilting back in an odd way. Must be a dream. Now what...
There was a large crash and I opened my eyes. Back in the Library having afternoon tea with the others. 'Nice song' said Jacqueline. That reminded me and I took the notebook out of my pocket and flicked through it but I hadn't written the song down so I must be awake now (unless this is the dream?). 'Bother it, I can't remember the words to this song I made up.' I said, 'They weren't words' said Jacqueline. Sally put down her book and sipped her tea and made a face 'It's cold, what shall we do now? I'm bored'. The Moose looked up, 'I didn't know hot tea kept you that amused?' Jacqueline kicked him, 'that's my line'  'Well' I said, I have a list here in my book. 'The Boring Stuff one? asked Jacqueline. I nodded mysteriously and read it out to everyone. 

"A List of Cool Stuff to Do"
Dance in puddles with gumboots.
Dig holes in the earth like womboots.
Laugh and roll down hills like barrels.
Tweet and eat bird seeds like sparrels.
Fly like rockets into outer-space.
Draw on mirrors with toothpace.
Wear a mask like a bandit.
Steal some money and spand-it.
Throw water-bombs at people and hide.
Lock your friends and family outside.
Climb up slides the wrong way.
And skip school so you can play.

No comments:

Post a Comment