Tuesday 29 May 2012

Pearl



The only possible society is oneself. -Oscar Wilde

I have a cut down the side of my finger. It's slowly disappearing as pieces of the scab fall off and the skin is stitched together underneath. But it wont vanish completely; I scar. My hands are covered in scars, some dating back further then I can remember. Most are the result of building tree houses and whatnot.
I have a scar down my side from a Christmas day many years ago. I was riding my new bike with my friend when I came off, he didn't see me or hear me. I was lying on the road bleeding and the image of watching him ride off and out of sight has never left me.
Being left alone is one of the most awful things for a child or adult or anyone to be honest. But being alone is completely different. Spending of my childhood playing alone didn't change me, but it makes me different. For the most part my friends were adults but I soon discovered imaginary people are much different to real life adults. Real life people can be perfectly dreadful. Sometimes they're wonderful, but I've not met many wonderful people and when I do they disappear after awhile, much like imaginary people except they leave a hole.
I love to look up into the sky and see the stars twinkle when I pray. The full moon is lovely to watch, a big glowing face looking down from the sky, but I think God is further away then the moon, besides I'd feel like I'm praying to the moon.
I love the stars. I wish that maybe one day I'll see a blue police box and it will take me away off into some galaxy where I can see a supernova. Maybe I could jump though space and fall into it -that would be an wonderful way to die.
My garden is full of silver birch trees that I planted. I think they are the most beautiful tree ever. Come autumn, and the leaves turn yellow and begin to fall. I feel upset because I can't capture that beauty. I can't film it, or photograph it, or paint it, or tell people to come watch with me or stay and watch all month. I just have to accept that it happened, that's the best way to capture the beauty.
There is so much darkness and ugliness in the world, I'm full of darkness and ugliness. I wish I could create something beautiful, I wish I could capture something beautiful.
I think God must have felt so wonderful when he created the stars, and when he captures a heart that is full of beauty.
Often one meets a a fellow disillusioned person who is searching, they say they're searching for truth hoping to find themselves -but they're not. They're trying escape by losing themselves. When life is too painful and confusing, losing oneself is the only way out from under the mountain. So climb the mountain of confusion and search for truth.
I wish I knew what I was saying, perhaps everything I say is nonsense. Maybe I should just sit and not think or talk and watch the silver birch for a full month.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. -Jesus of Nazareth



Hear these words
my soft voice speaks only truth.
I will reveal myself to you
I'll see you through.

You are beautiful
my love,
walk with me.
All you'll ever need
I am

So come stay with me
my dear,
Dwell in grace.
All that I am I will complete
in you.

I'll never leave you,
my hand lies upon your head.


Extol -Pearl


No comments:

Post a Comment