Monday 2 January 2012

Looking for Mr Mouth

'There's a lot of white everywhere' noted the Moose, 'there is' I agreed, 'we're sitting in the snow at the edge of a forest beside a frozen lake' continued the Moose 'We are' said I. The Moose shut his eyes and blew out lots of fog, 'now I've got to breathe that in' I complained 'I know' agreed the Moose, we sat silently on the snow getting sun burnt by the reflections off the ice while our backsides froze. 'They'll need a snow plough to dig me out' said the Moose 'who's they?' I wondered 'the people with the snow plough, obviously' snorted the Moose 'but why will they need a snow plough if they've already got one?' I wondered all the more 'They-just-do' said the Moose then opened his mouth wide and this came out:

'Sittin' by a pond,
Blowin' out fog,
Bein' all chilly,
Lookin' for a frog.

'Is that all you could think of to rhyme with fog?' I interrupted, 'yes' said the Moose.

'Gettin' irritated,
Thinkin' nasty thoughts,
Probably get up,
But I'm all froze in.'

'Pathetic poet...' I mumbled, 'I'm going to find the troll' grumbled the Moose 'well, you wont have to look far' I said getting up, the Moose blew out lots and lots of fog into the air and followed me. 'I thought you were froze in' I reminded him, 'I thought you -' began the Moose and put his head on the side and thought, 'I'm going to see Mr Mouth while you think of a come back' I said (Mr Mouth is the name of the troll), 'well, you wont have to look far' mumbled the Moose 'you can say that again' I agreed. So off we trundled to find the trolls house muttering at one another 'bother this cold' said the Moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment